Monday 2 April 2012

BRE ELBOURN - Novelty

novelty |ˈnävəltē|
• a new or unfamiliar thing or experience


I guess what I'm saying is movie stores are becoming a novelty... It started first for my town with MR. VIDEO, a privately owned video store that closed shortly after Blockbuster was implemented. But it obviously didn't last for long, closing only 4 or 5 years after opening.  By the time our kids are around the concept of renting a real physical video will be completely lost and unfamiliar.

Thoughts/comments/improvements?

:)Bre

4 comments:

  1. i think this is an interesting aspect of novelty. you used your space very wisely, having the cracks lead your eye into the horizon. I like it!
    -christine johnston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan, Bre. My only thought it that it would benefit more if you were to reshoot when there in fact were not any cars there, or maybe just a crop without them.

    Graeme

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Graeme about the car

    I'd also like to see one with all of the blockbuster in it (the whole store)

    -Kailee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I wasn't feeling the composition at first, but i'm really starting to like it the more I look at it. I think what's throwing me off is that it's taken at normal height, and straight on. Maybe try a lower angle, aka like much lower?
    Giordana

    ReplyDelete