Tuesday 3 April 2012

GRAEME WAHN - NOVELTY

Finally have something for Novelty.

I made this piece with the intention on making a commentary on how the digital age has given us the ability to alter the real world. This portrait is a loose and obvious dig towards the digital manipulation that is so easily done in this age. We've gotten to the point where visual honesty has become a novelty within itself.

I have two very similar organizations of this piece but am torn between completely covering the eyes or leaving one unobscured. Thoughts?

Thanks!



-Graeme

4 comments:

  1. I like the second one better, I find the first image almost too off? the second one gets your idea across more effectively !
    yurisa clarke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could even go as far as fully drawing over the face and not having it obscured at all

    i like the eye balls they look like monkeys

    -Kailee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the one that looks more covered! And i like the fact that it's a guy you decided to shoot and not a girl, because i feel like making the point of over editing women is used too much. But maybe you could mess around and go one step further and erase the parts of the guy's face under where the drawings on top are?
    Giordana

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I liked the top one, but after looking at them for a while I like the second better. Its harder to understand his face and I think that helps get your point across better. Great idea
    Bre

    ReplyDelete