Tuesday 31 January 2012

Alex Gooding - Theme 1 - Fast Food

So I wanted to make the food look super icky and gross to emphasize the crap it does to our bodies health-wise...buuuuut....it sort of just went a different direction.  I  guess it's gross in the amount of ketchup and the fact that I poured the coke into the fries.......soo given the twisted path the shoot took, the story is now that it was a late, post-party run to somewhere for fast food, and the drunken person(s) were so out of it that they thought pouring the coke into the fries with mounds of ketchup would be delicious.  This emphasized by the rather chaotic background with discarded napkins, drink lid, etc. Let me know what you think - sort of on the edge between the two different orientations and crops.  Feedback in any way would be welcome!







9 comments:

  1. I like the first one better. It looks more effective with more space above the fries. Great idea! Looks good :)
    - Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the first one !.. in the second one, the clutter in the background takes from the focal point, but in the first one its not so much clutter but adds to the mood, and theme of the picture:)
    -meabh mcgrory

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can crop a bit off the top of the first one. This is very well shot, I just am confused at what you want to focus on. What I'm getting here is that these are really good fries, and if that's the goal, you want to zoom in on it. But if you want to get across a different message, I'd zoom out a bit.

    - Lucy Lu

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the feedback guys; I have tried cropping lower but didn't like it without the lip of the cup - didn't look quite right :S....as for the message, my original idea didn't work out. the focus is meant to be the fries; I tried getting closer and further back and after about a hundred shots I figured this one was the one i liked most for the angle etc. as for message, since my shoot took a turn, it's the portrayal of a post-party, late-night food run with the intoxicated eater(s) about to dig in to what, they believe, is amazing food

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first one better, I like the crop the way it is and agree with you that the cup might look funny without the lip of it showing..the only thing I would do is get rid of the little dot/tear thing in the fries cup near the center of the cup, and if possible make the brown spot on the fry disappear because I keep staring at it.
    -Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with lucy. I would have liked to see the the cup knocked over maybe then (relating back to your idea behind it) and maybe pulled back a little to see the rest of the chaos.

    - Jordynn Colosi

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks guys...don't think i can resubmit now buuuut i'll talk to robyn and see if we can do some more work on them before the final prints are due - appreciate all the feedback! and i'll def be using the first crop! so thanks for that :) Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alex

    Neither of the compositions feel resolved but the wider is better. They also feel quite heavy and yellow.

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete