Monday 30 January 2012

Kristina Smith - Fast Food

I'm trying to represent an old fashioned diner kind of style in my photo with the background pattern and colours.  The idea is that the coupons are framed and important, relating to how today people do lots of things to save money, one being use coupons on already cheap fast food. Thoughts & the like are welcome. 
-Kristi



UPDATED :

Ok, so with the comments from the first image (^^^^above^^^^) I've fixed a few things .. here are the new photos, I think I'm not leaning towards the one with less of a crop (the first one below) .
I'm not one hundred percent sure though .
(things I changed: I fixed a little bit of distortion in the frame, de-saturated just a tinytiny bit, and there is a different crop)
Thoughts are welcome again .



8 comments:

  1. I really like this idea! I just find the background distracting but I still like the idea and design aspect of it. Maybe try lowering the opacity and intensity of it. Other than that, cool!

    - Abby Klages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel as though the wallpaper accents the photograph quite nice. Have you tried pulling away from the frame a little and giving more space to the perimeter? It seems a little too intimate and allowing some space might help give the blatantly centered image on a very loud wall some more purpose. A legitimate quirkiness. Remember the 3 sad trees in the parking lot Robyn showed in class?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Matt. I love this photograph and concept but feel like its too intimate and close. Maybe even try to push it further and set it up entirely like it was in someones living room. Another idea is to but it next to something that people in their households or families generally hold important and put on the wall like a graduation photograph of their kids juxtaposed with the all important McDonald's. Just a thought.

    - Jordynn Colosi

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA LOVE THIS!!!! .. i kind of like the distracting background. Only thing is when I keep looking at it starts to look more distorted... maybe double check in photoshop/lightroom that all your lines are straight and parallel. Sweet idea!
    - Bre ELbourn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I love the crazy background, it makes it more interesting. But I agree with Abby, its a bit too saturated. Maybe just tone that down a bit and it will look great :)
    - Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really love this ! Great job! Also, i'm going to have to disagree with abby and alycia, i think that if you're going for that old-styled diner look, the saturation and vibrant colours say exactly that. So i'd say keep it! - Giordana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wayyyyyy better zoomed out.

    - Jordynn Colosi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zoomed out = yes yes yes. Nice work Kristi!
    -Katii Capern

    ReplyDelete