Wednesday 14 March 2012

Fern Kachuck, Theme #4 - Cosmos

Dis is my cosmos. I basically made the night sky in my background. I love the stars and the night sky, I find it the one true way to determine that I am actually as far removed as I can be from the city. Which is nice. I don't really know more than 4 constellations (learning more...), but thats whats shown here. Little Dipper, Big Dipper, Cassiopeia, and Orion's Belt. Chose to do it with artificial stars because when we live in the city, we don't really see any stars so you have to learn about them through other means. Shot it in my bathroom, cause I just think that when I'm really far removed and seriously up north deep in the park or wherever, the bathroom is maybe the only luxury I feel I'm giving up, if even that. I live in a tent for 7 weeks, so I'm content with no real building, and I love my cot bed/hard ground to sleep on. So ya!
I think I'm gonna reshoot tonight, and move over one of the constellations cause its just a little squished and you can't see the differences.. But other than that, thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. i TOTALLY love this idea!! it takes me back to my childhood when I couldn't sleep and I'd just stare at our glow in the dark stars like this stuck on the ceiling... might be kind of cool if you could find some other coloured ones? i used to have pink, green, orange, etc. just because i feel like the only thing that bothers me is the all-green (ish?) colour. also - not all the stars/planets are the same colour - even when seen with our naked eye! ;) other than that - really, really like it! alex G

    ReplyDelete