Monday 5 March 2012

Matt Waples - Highschool

Yup, I'm quite late here.

There is a Highschool across the road from my dorm, and at lunch and after school a bunch of the students hang out infront of the corner store two doors over from me. I see them most days afterschool when I'm walking back from class, and have started to notice little things that seem way too familiar.
Like regular they all stand around there smoking cigarettes and joking around, but sometimes I get a glance into the group of them, and see anything from a mickey being quickly passed, or a joint being rolled.

I have wanted to photograph them for a while now, but never had the balls for it.

The odd looking guy standing infront of the group was a 50 some year old man with food all over his mouth and beard, obviously f*ked up harassing these kids for something.  He didn't phase this group at all.


2 comments:

  1. looks like the typical HS hang out with all the cool kids. would have been better with out the map of Toronto in the way. but very cool casual shot of HS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Geo on the map...any other angle?

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete