Friday 2 March 2012

Joseph Hammond Theme 2: Family

Hey guys so I got these shots while shooting an opening night party for The Ryerson Theater school. They were celebrating their 40th anniversary so there was a lot of  big egos going around. I do mean that in a positive way, they're actors and performers so a lot of celebrating was for personal achievements rightly deserved. However there were still these two families that had brought their babies and it was very refreshing to see all the affection they were giving them. I framed the images in a way that I felt would express that feeling of the parents sense of self being "moved to the side" coming second to love and pride for their children.

2 comments:

  1. i actually wish you didn't see the mom's face! i LOVE the first shot! LOVE LVOE LOVE - and i am a known baby-hater! (sorryyyyyy!!!) but that shot actuallys makes me love babies, or at least that one - so job VERY well done!

    If I were you, i"d try just the 1st b/w picture, but what is it like in colour? I feel the colour image has much more impact. again, great job Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joseph

    The first is definitely stronger than the second two. You want to avoid the images becoming too sentimental and charming.

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete