Tuesday 27 March 2012

NEW AND IMPROVED

I went to Shopper's this evening to get new scrubby things with which to wash dishes (found out they are called scouring pads) and then I walked up an down the aisles taking pictures of any product that said it was "NEW AND IMPROVED". I threw them all together in Photoshop and then blurred the pants off of them because they all looked gross. The result is Photo #1. I naively thought I might be able to reverse the blurring process by sharpening everything to the same degree. This didn't work - Photo #2 ensued. I like it because it reminds of an airport luggage scanner.

Photo #1

Photo #2

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome Paige, I was pretty confused what is was but after I read your description it makes a lot of sense now. I don't think I would change anything but I think I like the first one better! - Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting idea! I don't know if you're making them a diptych orr want to pick one, but i enjoy the second one a lot more. Especially since it looks like the airport scan !!

    Giordana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this Paige and think the second one is a more successful image. There's a very interesting relationship of positive and negative space happening in that one. Good job.

    - Jordynn Colosi

    ReplyDelete