Thursday 29 March 2012

Hayley Buckham - Theme five - Novelty

Hey yall, sooo this is my novelty. Besides the fact that i'm terrified of it because my dad used to chase me around with it when i was child, it is the skin of a wolf that my great great grandpa shot and skinned back in his day. I hate touching it and it's pretty gnarly but when the word novelty came about this came to mind. My dads had it since he was little and although it creeps the hell outta me its a great novelty that will remain in the corner of my dads closet. In a bag. Far far away from me. at all times. THOUGHTS? 

4 comments:

  1. THE BIG BAD WOLF

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGRQGm4-A4k&feature=relmfu

    Awesome subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's interesting, but I can't help but feel that it's like some sort of super-hero-dead-wolf flying through space or something, probably because of the black background. Maybe you could put it in some sort of context in your house or wherever it normally resides to get rid of that? Not that you necessarily have to, just a thought. I think it's always interesting to see where things come from is all...

    -Locrin Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with locrin. at first i thought it was a flying squirrel. i wish now i was right. because i hate fur things like that. at the same time, i think putting it into context would take away from the 'novelty' idea - as if it's in a house, etc. you're seeing it where it's meant to be, where it fits in and where it is, therefore, not novel/unique/new. so from that perspective, i would leave it as a dead wolf skin flying through space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS AWESOME.
    Going with the last two comments maybe you should... WEAR IT?!?!!?!?! huhuh???
    Knew you'd think its a great idea!!!
    LOVE YOU-BRE
    <3

    ReplyDelete