Tuesday 20 March 2012

Amber Hartin - Theme 4 - Cosmos

I will write something later.


Alright folks. So I did these using some Polaroids. I pretty much just took a photograph of whatever and manipulated them in various ways. Mostly I started to burn them before the picture was given time to expose except on a couple. I also cracked a couple of them open because the burning makes the plastic bubble up. Basically I fooled around in photoshop with the scanned polaroids and came out with these nifty little results. I also had previously taken a picture of the sky at night which I overlayed on top of the first one (on the left). I will probably fool around with the third one a bit to make it more cohesive with the other two (and perhaps a couple others I've been working on). I tried just the two to the left on their own and didn't like it as much. 
I don't think I really need to explain how they're related to cosmos, since they look like...the cosmos. 


I edited the last image a bit and think it works better with the others now. 
There's the diptych of just the left two. I'm pretty set on the 3 but what do you guys think?

4 comments:

  1. Really like the first two!

    Not sure if the third fits completely, maybe just a diptych of the first two would be stronger. Nevertheless, they look sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will write something later as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really well done. I would like to know how you did this. Great looking purples! I agree with Matt regarding the first two beingi the strongest. Big ups!

    ReplyDelete