Friday 30 March 2012

Rebecca Turner - Novelty

Novelty, in my mind, could only be connected to novelty toys. The toys you once pulled from the magic chest at Swiss Chalet, or received from that strange neighbour on your street on Halloween night. To me these toys had no use or value, but had such meaning at the time. They were unique and different and that was all that was cool about them; just like the doll in this image. I had to have this voodoo doll, absolutely had to have it. But it's useless! It's kind of too cute to stab, and yeah, I did rip it's heart off a while back but... it's still just a stupid useless toy...
(probably going to reshoot, but I loved the light and couldn't not take the shot)

2 comments:

  1. I really like this. without the little doll i'd still like it but i think it would just be a rather seen-before "early morning light" shot. the doll sort of makes you go like..wtf are you staring at. nice contrast of subject material :) and the lines of the shadows, quality of light and use of colours are all very pleasing to the eye. great job :)

    ReplyDelete