Thursday 23 February 2012

Alex Haney, Theme #1: Fast Food redo.

ME AGAIN!




Kind of funny that both of my shots so far are self portraits. Maybe I'll make all of them self portraits haha. Hey- Cindy Sherman did it.

As requested: messier, and changed the lighting. Oh, I also changed it from a hamburger to cereal to make it more true to how this would really happen in the middle of the night. Less of a literal 'fast food' interpretation but whatever, I just followed where the photo was taking me. I was shooting it with the shadow in mind, but then after it occured to me it might work well without it as well. Crop? No crop? Do you think I should get rid of that weird triangle of light under my arm?

Tell me if there is anything further you think I could do to improve it. I'd totally reshoot it again. Doing work for this class is my no guilt way of procrastinating on reading art history.

EDIT: Here's what it looks like without the triangle of light under my arm. 



6 comments:

  1. Probably the best/most successful reshoot we've seen so far, in my opinion.

    The cropped version is really strong, but in terms of story telling, the first image really does take it a step further and I love how well it it narrates the situation. I wish the shadow in the background had hard edges and not soft faded ones, but thats the kind of thing thats way too hard to avoid.

    Great work!
    Becky Turner

    ReplyDelete
  2. although the shadow is cool, I find it a bit distracting
    I think its a lot more dramatic and has a bigger impact without it!

    good job
    kailee mandel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, huge improvement!

    Maybe cut the triangle under the arm, and make the light slightly dimmer; or in the Sherman way of doing things, a gel could look really cool here, and make the shot look like it is being lit by a crack in the blinds of a window, I say this with the shot that has the shadow on the wall in mind.

    Anyways, nice re shoot, the dripping milk and slightly crinkled cereal box work great!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt- my original idea was to make it look like a secret binge in a bathroom at night, so the goal was to make it look like the door was opening. I like your idea about the blinds, but that would be a totally different concept right! I'm seeing a binge in a grungy motel room now... lol.
    -alex h

    ReplyDelete
  5. +1 for the cropped even though I think the other one is coll too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the lighting alex. definitely the un-cropped version tells a better story
    -bre

    ReplyDelete