Wednesday 15 February 2012

Amber Hartin - Family


So I went through a few ideas for this assignment and ultimately decided to use some old slides my grandmother had given me. The two above are pictures of my aunt and dad and essentially I'm thinking when I go home next week I'm going to photograph them up to date. I would like to do this with all my family members but we'll see if time warrants such a task. Anywho, these slides were too gorgeous not to use so I scanned them and edited a bit. I'm sell working with the background colour and the like. Let me know what you guys think/suggestions please (:

6 comments:

  1. soo... yeah.. really cool, I'm loving them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea, but maybe a different colour framing or colour around the pics (where the white is) - girdle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and I love the circular/oval borders around the photos. It gives them a really classical feel. Good job.

    - Jordynn Colosi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this ! It looks so retro (?) I don't know what word I'm going for, but the colours are great !
    The only thing I would change is the cleanness of the oval crop, it looks a little rough around the edges, I can see raster maybe ? I would just try to get the edges very smooth on the crop
    Great idea
    -Kristi Smith

    ReplyDelete