Sunday 26 February 2012

Hayley Buckham - Theme three - High School

Sooooo high school. I thought about yearbooks and stereotypes but then I remembered this one story my dad told me. This is his student card back when he was in grade 11. Yes he kind of looks like me which is an added chuckle factor but the first time he showed me this he told me that this was one of his favourite pictures. He told me that he doesn't remember who the hell was taking the picture but that they were grinding his gears, making him laugh and it was someone that he had known. My dad to this day still cant remember who it was but it doesn't matter because he claims that "this was a reallllllyyy great day." He shortly after told me that he wasn't high even though he looks it. I don't believe him. Moral of the story, he still looks back on this photo and smiles remembering how happy he was in the moment and I think thats super wicked and what high school was about, at least in my case. So this is my dad holding one of his student cards. I couldn't decide if I liked it forwards, backwards or both so I did a layout like this hoping to get some advice? THOUGHTS? 

3 comments:

  1. Sweet!!! I would have liked to see it with a higher f-stop to maybe emphasize the card a bit more, but cooooool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the story behind the photo, i think i like the side with his picture to add an identity! nice work:) -christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. first of all LOVE the description hahahaha too funny!
    secondly, i love the idea :) i like the one with the picture facing forwards - sort of intrigues you because you can't see his face (on his body, the main image) but then you see a younger version of the face in front, kinda neat! Alex G

    ReplyDelete