Tuesday 14 February 2012

Lucy Lu - Theme 2: Family



My idea is based on the way families, or just people who love and care for each other, deal with problems. I think the way people deal with conflicts is a crucial aspect to the closeness of their bond. Family relationships, more than anything else, strive to tough through it all; many times because it becomes an obligation or an act of passiveness. I don't really know which direction I want to head with it. The first photo depicts more the people who "clean things up" because of obligation, and the need to feel security. And they sit there looking at the mess, without real motivation to do anything immediate. The second photo is meant to show the end of a conflict. The happy emotions juxtapose with the chaos of the broken vase (representing a previous trauma). It becomes almost silly, secondary, unimportant (thus it's still there and not cleaned up), compared to the relief of the solved issue.

I definitely want to try the same concepts again with a more genuine location, and people not from our class, haha. This is just a first try to get a feel of where my mind is heading. Let me know what you think! :) Which idea do you like better?

4 comments:

  1. Maybe try adding some fabric? Like a table cloth of something? to make it look like the vase was just thrown off a table in a violent rage. Also, water? maybe they flowers in water? so now theres like a puddle on the floor? might help it look a little realistic. ALSO one last thought, maybe one of the members cut their hand on the vase like the one who threw it so now theres a bandage or something wrapped around it or soemthing i dont know if that would really work but you can try to give. More back story I guess with just subtle details I feel would really help it.

    - Jordynn Colosi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how much the colour of her feet (the one in the jeans) matches/compliments(?) the shattered vase in the first/left image. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one on its own honestly. I would personally take out the the side table. Without that its a really nice soft colour pallete, but with that there it just looks like a dorm room lol (which it is, I know). My other nitpick is that the floor is carpet, and it doesn't seem like a vase would shatter like that on carpet lol. I can see this becoming a really nice photo, though.
    -alex h.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucy

    I think the photograph on the left is quite lovely....go with that one.

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete