Tuesday 28 February 2012

Katii Capern - Theme #3 - High School

Hey all!

Here's one of my high school shots - I had other interpretations of the theme which I shot as well; starting with this one.

It doesn't really have much of a deeper meaning...just me in front of my old high school. I took it because I went back on a Saturday over Reading Week, and it was quite strange...very cold and deserted. I guess I was hoping to create a portrait that showed someone both remembering where they (I) come from, as well as reflecting on how far -- or not so far -- they've come since graduation. It seems to me that after leaving the familiarity of high school, where we were all confused, not much changes to that end. We're still uncertain -- about what we know, where we're going, etc.

So, whether or not that's what you get from this, please give me feedback/reactions/ideas! :)
I know there are some issues with the vertical..what do you guys think?

Thanks!



3 comments:

  1. The movement is really good in this photo, and the dynamic angle adds to that. I like your expression, you look well beyond years of high school which I hope is what you're going for. I think you can play even more with the angle you shoot this add. Make sure to think about how aspects of the image will contribute to your concept.

    - Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your expression tells a kind of story with this image .
    I would try to play with the angles, like lens corrections, maybe tilt it vertically a bit, not sure haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katii

    As a portrait the angle is a bit strange as is the overall composition. I would reconfigure the image.

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete