Monday 13 February 2012

Alison Irwin, Theme 2, Family

For this one I wanted to show how a family could spend their night after a long day at work. The men retire to the "man cave" with their rum & coke to watch sports, whereas the woman get comfortable with their glass of wine & watch their reality shows. Beside both of them is an empty chair with a similar setting to show how little family spend their time together. I'm not sure how I feel about the photos so please give me some feedback & advice. Much appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. I really like this idea! I like the symmetry of the set together. I also really like how your mom looks all emotional and cozy and your dad looks... kinda the opposite. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the juxtaposition between the two people, and the way they choose to spend their time. The woman looks very "soft", which could reflect her personality, and the man looks very stern. The surroundings seem to reflect their psyches almost. I would just try to fix the grain maybe? I find it a bit noisy.
    -Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this , it seems really truthful and honest . I don't know if this would look better or worse but I would try making the diptych so that the lines of the tops of the chairs line up, the top of the man's chair at the same level as the line of the top of the woman's chair (hopefully that made sense)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed it was a bit grainy too Lucy, i will definitely fix that! & Kristi that does make sense haha & i'll definitely try that! thanks for the feedback! :)
    -Alison

    ReplyDelete