Wednesday 29 February 2012

High School - Jessica Benoit

So it was kinda hard for me to decide what to shoot for this theme because I had a lot of things that stand out when I think of High School and what it means to me. In the end I decided to take this picture that symbolizes one of my main memories from my grade 12 year. The books are self explanatory but the main focus of the image is on the collage of my little brother and sister. Long story short, my parents ended up having to leave the country for a family emergency in February of last year which left me at home alone to take care of not only myself and my stress from school and activities but also my younger siblings and their lives. What was supposed to be two weeks alone slowly turned into nearly three months. We all went through a wide range of emotions in that time but in the end the time I spent with my siblings brought me a lot closer to them and taught me a few things about myself. Anyways, comments ideas and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks:)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica

    The story is an intense one but I think you need to find a way to take a better photo of it. This photograph is weak and does not embody all of what you say. Perhaps it needs to be a portrait of you and your siblings?

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete