Monday 13 February 2012

Rebecca Turner - Family

Family to me isn't about who you eat dinner with, or who raised you. It's not just about love but about hate as well. Family is about the pain you put one another through, and how regardless, these people will always support you, in sickness or in health. 
I think we all got over the whole 'selective colour' thing in elementary school... but it gave me the feeling of like... "when everything else fades to grey, there is always a little colour to be found somewhere". Let me know if you think getting rid of colour entirely would be better !

I feel like the images in the locket are a little too blunt, but I'm not sure what would make more sense. And yes, I understand my arm looks like the arm of an 80 year old ;)

6 comments:

  1. I think your concept is great, but I would like to see the photo without the harsh shadow under your arm, i like how the necklace is draped

    good job
    -kailee mandel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I half agree with Kailee in that I'd like to see the shadow stay, but have it a touch further away from the arm so you can properly discern the form in it.

    Best,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea, I like how your arm turned out, and how it is composed. I agree with you that the images are too blunt, if you can make them fit a bit better into the photograph I think it would look great!
    Also, I agree with Andrew here about the shadow.

    -Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to see it with a little less contrast maybe ? Just to see, not 100% sure . & I would try all black and white also, I think it might work better as monochrome because the pictures are very desaturated anyways so they are almost black and white already . Those are the only things i would change if anything .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Andrew about the shadows. I'm not sure if this was taken in the studio or not but maybe try it with more natural lighting? The shadows that way might be a bit softer. Other than that, really cool idea and nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the images in the locket don't look great...I assume you put them in during post? It would have been best to have them in the locket when you shot. And don't do the colour mixed with b&w thing...it's cheesy

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete