Tuesday 28 February 2012

Lucy Lu - Theme 3: High School


35mm...the scan's a bit fuzzy.

Thinking of high school, we tend to forget about our teachers, whose initial goal seems to be to make our lives difficult. But some really have a huge impact on what type of people we become. It's a tough job. This is Shane Clodd, who was my art teacher, a fantastic sculptor, and an overall cool person. 

But then...I saw this:

This weird dummy has been sitting there for as long as I've been at my high school. I think this can speak a lot about how marginalized and isolated people can feel during that time, it's almost never as glamourous as representations of it.

I like both ideas, but I'm not sure about the aesthetic qualities of the first one; if it's interesting enough. It'd be awesome if you guys could tell me which you like better. Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. I think if you played with the angles of the last image it would be really fascinating to look at . The idea behind it is great and the colours work well I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy

    Yes, the dummy image is your most interesting of the set, I would go with that one.

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete