Tuesday 14 February 2012

Katii Capern, Theme #2, Family

Hey everyone!

I took a bunch of different 'family' shots, coming up with them as I went. I had an idea in my head that I couldn't quite articulate, and tried a few different things. Here is one. :) Very little editing so far in the process. (Still working on this shoot!)
Any and all thoughts are welcomed!

Lean on me.
-
When you're far from home, your friends are your family.
Dora is from Hong Kong, and in this photo she is wearing and leaning against reminders of the distance between her and where she comes from.
We move from all different places when we transition into university, and often, friends really are how we get through. 

-Katii Capern

3 comments:

  1. I like the concept of using Dora as a subject. But just by looking at this photo, it's very hard to tell what's going on. I'd say maybe zoom out to give more of an idea of what their doing, or find some way to communicate an air of friendship between them. Maybe have Dora look at the camera instead of Jaina.

    - Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the ideas Lucy! :)
    -K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katii

    The strongest part of the photograph is the subject gazing into the camera....that may be enough to carry the photograph. Perhaps crop into that distracting bag by her head.

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete